5/14/2008

Core

I'm trying to reach myself again.

I lost, over the past years, something of me that, defined me and motivated me to be who I am. But, gratefully, life is like riding a bike, you just have to ride it a few times and you know how to ride again. (although i did forget how to ride a bike and still cant)

My life is filled with ever so unsuspecting surprises. Some may call it "life" and sure, thats what it is, "life" though, is what we make of it, not what happens to it. I stopped blaming life and its "coincidences" for the problems and surprises it keeps giving me, now, I appreciate all of that, I enjoy my life much more because of that, "life" is a balance of positive with negative. (thanks paul for reminding me that)

Life is not like a book, life is more than just memories, its a feeling of "belonging", its a ride where, faces, dances and gazes run by, life is nice, life rhymes with wine. I've had many experiences, and many feelings running about. I've been tossed and I've tossed. Only actions not done are the ones needed to be done.

No more will I hold fear responsible for not acting. No longer will my life be shackled and lost to me. Not blaming anyone, you can only loose yourself.

My core. Who I am. I'm a mere student of life (golden boy sounds any bells?), and, in some "subjects" I excel, in others, I flunk and flunk, (good thing they don't charge for it) but here I am, back to it, back to my core. Finding myself once more, I've strayed, I erred and stumbled, I wined, danced and love my life, I will never stop.

Every passing day, every hour (or two) that goes by, makes me feel more at home, more me (good thing im still young).

I'm back.

2 comments:

Franchesca said...

Dear friend:

This is not an affair of finding yourself, of going back to your roots, merely of evolving as a person, growing, adapting without of course, losing your quintessence. Know, that getting lost isn’t always not being true to yourself, solely adding new colors to the picture. But remember, that however mean your life is do not shun it or call it hard names, meet it and LIVE it as it is. As Thoreau once said “To be awake is to be alive” So keep your pace my friend and be a Columbus to whole new worlds and continents within you, open new channels, not of trade but of thought. But most of all, initiate this endeavor as a journey of self-acceptance, meet your core and embrace it, because not until you do, you’ll start to live.

Take it from a girl who knows…
Much luck and love
Me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Papa!!!!
hay que beber leche!!!!